Sunday, October 7, 2012

#2: Visual Art

Here's what I have:

#1: Maid in London by Banksy



I have always loved street art because it can turn the dull and dirty walls of a city into something beautiful. Since it becomes a public part of the city, everyone can enjoy it.  I like how this one makes you look twice, because you cannot tell if the bricks are real or painted on.

#2: The Wave Organ by Peter Richards and George Gonzalez


I used to go to The Wave Organ all the time with my friends from back home. There are a bunch of pipes that go down into the ocean and produce music as the tides come in. When you are standing there, it feels like you are almost a part of the ocean and its incredibly peaceful. If you every go to San Francisco, I highly suggest you check it out.

#3 Personal Forest by Jacek Yerka


Perhaps its because since a very young age I've love Alice in Wonderland, but I have always loved things that take place in a sort of dream world. Yerka's paintings embody that. I love the way it takes pieces of our everyday life and makes them fantastical.  I also love that there is something different that you notice every time you at this piece. 







No comments:

Post a Comment