Friday, October 5, 2012

2. Visual Images (Cinthia Palmer)


#1





_________________________________________________________________





#2



________________________________________________________________





#3




_________________________________________________________________

*spoiler alert*



The first two I have seen in person and if anyone is genuinely interested in hearing me pretend I know what I'm talking about (or what the experience was like) on either, I'm happy to share. Yay things!



Velazquez's next to Bacon's Pope
  1. 'Apollo and Daphne' marble sculpture by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Bernini was Michelangelo after Michelangelo. His sculptures are known for their movement and fluidity. You can take my word for it that these two from the famous Greek myth really did look like they could come to life at any point. 
  2. One in a series of studies done by artist Francis Bacon. These portraits are of Pope Innocent X... to the right is a comparison of Velazquez's original and another of the earlier Bacon interpretations. I was lucky enough to see an installation of a lot of Bacon's work at the MET... I remember that day and it was definitely the first time I was heavily drawn into/personally amazed by visual art. 
  3. I enjoy puns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment