Monday, October 8, 2012

Three pieces of visual arts

Youngchul Park

1. "The Treachery of Images" by Rene Magritte
I first saw this painting in the drama class, 120C. It was impressive because of the painter's thought about the people's conventional thoughts by words. The words in French mean "This is not a pipe".

2. The logo of a Korean tv show called 'Infinite Challenges'
This is my most favorite tv show and I like the logo of it, especially the question mark on the top of the title. I believe curiosity is one of the most important qualities as an artist. 

3. "All I Own" by a Swedish photographer, Sannah Kvist
The people in the photos were born in the 80's. When I looked at these pictures, they made me think about the global financial crisis and I empathized with them because I am one of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment