Sunday, October 7, 2012

3 Works of Visual Art

1.)    

The artist is Chris Charney and painted the mural inside the rotunda of the Pacific View Mall in Ventura, CA. I love the ability to see the world in this point of view. It's my imagination as a little girl pretending to be a mermaid come true. I imagine myself swimming underwater when I see this and it's as if I am looking up at the sun-setting sky and seeing all the sky's colors blend together. Its so many different ideas/things/images/colors at one time and I cant help but get excited about this painting! I was super happy the day I saw this at the mall from my hometown :)

P.S. It looks even more amazing when youre actually standing under it!!!

2.)    An American soldier receives a kiss in gratitude for the liberation of Paris during World War II. August 25, 1944

This photo from John Downey is of an an American soldier receiving a kiss of gratitude for the liberation of Paris during World War II. I am a sucker for romance and immediately when I see this photo I fall in love with the soldiers for smiling even though they are surrounded by violence. This kiss screams Thank You and you just can't help but smile after seeing this photo <3

3.)    


I visit Santa Barbara a lottt and every single time there is a man who always constructs sand sculptures! This particular sculpture is not one of my favorites and it is definitely not one of his best, but i wasn't able to attach any other photo of his sculptures because the rights were reserved =/ The name of the artist is unknown because he's just some random guy who builds sculptures for tips on the street at the SB Pier. But I always love to see what he's doing next! I think sand sculpture is creative but what I love about it most is that it just seems like such a fun way to create ART! Its not even being an artist, its playing in the sand...and you just happened to create a masterpiece haha














No comments:

Post a Comment